Thursday 29th April 2021
Results from 2021.
Richard Bateson of RAF was first back followed closely by Sam Rhodes Dawber and Rory Woods of DFR.
Meghan McCarthy was first back for the ladies, followed by Andora Holden (both DFR) and then Claire Calverley of NFR.
I hope that everyone enjoyed it and that I can see you all again racing before we meet again on Cockfield Fell at the same time next year.
The second running of this event, organised by Durham Fell Runners (website, facebook), licensed and supported by the Fell Runners Association (https://www.fellrunner.org.uk). It’s half race, half social run. Two laps:
- The first lap is a socially distanced group run to see the route – 3.5km, starting at 7pm.
- The second lap is the race – 3.5km, starting immediately as the first runners finish the first loop.
There will be no prize giving inline with Covid restrictions, the prize fund will be donated to a local charity – suggestions welcome.
Parking: Cockfield, DL13 5HF. Please park as directed by marshals at the car park at the top of Cockfield main street. DO NOT PARK IN THE VILLAGE OR BLOCKING VISIBILITY AT THE JUNCTION.
- Route: No map required, you are shown the route on the night (but you can see a Strava segment here).
- Experience: None required. Suitable for beginners with off road running shoes.
- Distance: 7km
- Elevation Gain: 160m
- Pre Entry: £5 (FRA Members), £6 (non members).
- Entry on the day is not available.
- Age: 14+
Contact: Andy Blackett (email) for any questions
The event will be run inline with current EA and FRA guidelines around Covid-19.
Participants must not attend any race if they are showing any signs of Covid-19 symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to sense of smell or taste
Collection of numbers (by runners) will be outdoors. Participants should maintain social distancing of 2m (or 1m+ with face coverings; a doubled-up neck gaiter will suffice.
Participants must practise good personal hygiene at all times (including use of 70%+ alcohol hand sanitiser) – before arriving and at registration,
Mass starts are possible with social distancing of 2m (or 1m+ with face coverings).
Participants should avoid running in the slipstream of other participants. Overtaking on course must be done at a safe distance of 2m+
Participants should disperse as soon as possible after finishing.
Spectating is not permitted, with the aim of keeping total attendee numbers low.